Friday 2 September 2011

Guacamole

I recently ventured out of my kitchen and to Wahaca. How cool is that place?! The decor and ambience is vibrant, fresh & fun, but unfortunately the food didn't quite match up for me. It was good Mexican, don't get me wrong, but for me its a bit heavy. There were, however a couple of items that really made my taste buds tingle. Firstly the guacamole. OMG! I have never had guac that good. And secondly, the bright pink-purple hibiscus cooler..yum yum yum. I haven't quite managed to emulate the cooler yet, but this guac recipe below is pretty damn close to perfection. It's really quick, oh so very good for you and tastes like summer hasn't quite left us! Serve with corn chips. 

Ingredients
2 ripe avocados, peeled & de-stoned
Juice of half a lime
Salt & pepper
1 Red chilli, finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely sliced
Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
A handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
Method
Mash the avocados with the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the chilli, spring onion, coriander and toms. Mix roughly. Eat at once!
If you are making this a little ahead of time, keep it in the fridge with a piece of baking paper pushed onto the top (think tucking your kids into bed). This will stop the oxidation process and ensure your guac doesn't go brown really quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment